Welcome to Joe Davies' privacy notice. Joe Davies respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
2. Purpose of this Privacy Notice and Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Joe Davies collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you fill in forms on our website, register for an account on our website, sign up for a loyalty card and place an order on our website.
This version was last updated on 07/05/18. The data protection law in the UK will change on 25 May 2018.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
3. Who We Are and the Personal Information that We Collect From You
We are Joe Davies' Art Community (“we”, “our” and “us”). We are data controller of any personal data that you provide us.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following kinds of personal data about you:
- Identity Data: includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data: includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data: includes bank account and payment card details.
- Loyalty Card Data: includes your loyalty card account details, number of stamps and stamps usage.
- Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
4. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- create an account on our website;
- sign up for a loyalty card;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give us some feedback; or
- engage with us on social media
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases, public or otherwise. By accepting these terms and conditions you acknowledge that such checks will be made. In performing these checks, personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency that may keep a record of that information. A record of the decision made is available for us to retrieve for auditory purposes. These checks are performed only to confirm your identity and will leave a specific non-credit footprint. A credit check is not performed and your credit rating will be unaffected by these checks. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. The following is the platform used to make payment on our website: https://stripe.com/en-GB/
5. Providing Us with Information about Someone Else
If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed. We may ask you to provide proof of your identity and evidence that you have gained consent from the person that allows you to act on their behalf.
6. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We usually do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Generally, we need your information and use the information we collect about you:
- to enable us to supply you with products and services that you have requested;
- to help us with understanding more about how our website is used;
- to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise; and
- to prevent fraudulent activity.
7. Sharing Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by our employees within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including payment providers and marketing suppliers, who may be based outside of the EEA.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
8. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
To ensure that your online data is secure, we do the following:
- Secure Server: we use a secure server when you provide us with personal information as part of the website user registration process. SSL (the secure server software) encrypts your information before it is sent to us. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
- Encryption: we encrypt your credit/debit details to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read your details as they are sent to us over the Internet.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL): we accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology - this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. In technical terms this means, we use a state of the art payment platform.
- Encryption Technologies: We use a variety of encryption technologies including RSA, 3-DES and AES. Credit card details are encrypted with AES before being stored. The production network is partitioned into a proxy server tier, an application server tier, and a database server tier. Servers running at each tier are protected using ipchains/iptables firewalling, which is set to only permit the necessary network traffic and deny and log everything else. The front end of the entire infrastructure is protected with a virtual firewall rack from a company called Inkra (http://www.inkra.com/) which provides additional firewalling and DoS protection.
9. Your Rights
You have the right at any time to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact email@example.com
10. How Long We Will Keep Your Information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. You can update your communication preferences at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Registered users can also log in to their online account and update their communication preferences by selecting and unselecting the options found under Edit Profile in the My Account section of this website. All of our email and SMS campaigns contain clear instructions on how to unsubscribe from our marketing communications. An unsubscribe link is conveniently placed at the bottom of all of our marketing emails, in the event that you no longer wish to hear about our offers, promotions and events.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products from us, registered for a loyalty card or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have opted in to receiving that marketing. We will also get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with other company.
You can ask us or our associated third parties to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time or by unsubscribing from our campaigns via the methods listed above.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of an attempted product purchase on our website, product experience/review or inquiry received by our customer services team.